Oil painting techniques and tutorial with R. Geoffrey Blackburn on Colour In Your Life

• nil cavalcante

Visit my Channel. "Oil.painting.nil Cavalcante" Take the like Sign up and Touch the Bell…Thank you very much

June 11, 2019 at 9:40 pm
  • Whaddya I Know

You put the old paint onto the wall of a jar of water?!? How does THAT work, keeping it good?

June 11, 2019 at 10:32 pm
  • Malds Balagapo

19:44

BEST
    ADVICE
    EVER!!!!

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

June 11, 2019 at 11:27 pm
  • Shirley Potter

It would be great if he could paint the blue mountains

June 12, 2019 at 12:08 am
  • Colleen Brown

Mr. Blackburn, as a fellow artist drawn to a realistic style I've thoroughly enjoyed your episode of CIYL! Thank you for your inspiring words regarding finding our own style and our own true north. Wonderful! I look forward to seeing more from you. Colleen

June 12, 2019 at 12:31 am
  • Geoffrey Blackburn

Hi folks! Book Update: I am working my tiny tush off on the book: How. The Creator's Handbook, as we speak. Currently, I am experimenting with an approach. And, I'd appreciate your input. Here's what I am considering: usually when someone sells someone a book it's a one-off kind of a deal–the publisher designs a cover and the general book package to 1. attract your attention from across a room full of other books; 2. get you to pick up said book and 3. look inside, 4. so, you will hopefully purchase said book and of course, 5. read it. BUT, most publishers don't much care what happens after that. I do. I want you to use it over and over again. So, I am playing around with the concept of reading it from front-to-back (DUH, what an idea), but USING it, back-to-front. At the moment, this is how I am putting it together. It is over 90% "in the can", but there are a LOT of technical pieces yet to finish…

Update on future videos: I have also begun studying up on how to do my own videos (as much as Graeme and the Amazing Sophia adore my scintillating wit, and "Olympian Wisdom", (eye roll permitted here), I am guessing it would be inconvenient for them to dash up here to Millcreek every few weeks to record me in my natural habitat.) I am moving forward on that front as well. What I am considering, is a series of videos covering art technique, art as a career, but more importantly, the much deeper subject of the art process. This will expand upon the book: comments welcome here or at : info@howcreatorshandbook.com

June 12, 2019 at 12:40 am
  • Lori Kendrick

Holy Moly!!! Incredible paintings!
    And great advice!

June 12, 2019 at 1:33 am
  • carroll wilson

I am so impressed with your stunning works of art. It was however, the "find your own magnetic north" that I found even more inspiring. I hope you do come to Australia, and preferably near me.

June 12, 2019 at 1:58 am
  • dagoelius

Love his studio gear. Decades of experience distilled into a minimalist setup.

June 12, 2019 at 2:19 am
  • Renee Phillips

Congratulations Geoffrey for this awe-inspiring video and sharing your techniques with us. It was a wonderful surprise seeing this, as you may recall having received an award from Manhattan Arts International for an exhibition I curated. You are one of the top realist painters I've ever known. Best wishes for your continued success!

June 12, 2019 at 2:58 am
  • Noreen Kellett

WOW, just WOW Totally AMAZING 🙃

June 12, 2019 at 3:25 am
  • Sachie Reid

This is simply impossible to mere mortals!

June 12, 2019 at 4:08 am
  • Róbert János Schroff

Wonderful review, ideas and artwork. Graeme you are doing an amazing art – mission and artwork too! I love Australia and your videos represent perfect fusion of my two biggest love: Fine Art and Australia. My dream is to be able to live there one day. Thank you, Robert

June 12, 2019 at 4:36 am
  • Raimundo conceição filho

sou do Brasil e adorei suas obras,

June 12, 2019 at 5:03 am
  • Cheryl Relph

This is amazing!

June 12, 2019 at 5:39 am
  • Africo

Can I ask about the lighting he uses. I always thought that the colours change , or you don’t see the right colour with lights on them as you paint. For instance dark blue might look like black when put on a wall without the lights from the lamps. Sorry, English isn’t my first language.

June 12, 2019 at 5:52 am
  • Africo

Amazing artist. Thanks for the introduction.

June 12, 2019 at 6:18 am
  • ScottieMcNaughty69

I know two of Geoffrey's daughters. Aside from being an amazing painter, he must have been an amazing father, as his daughter's are such great people… This was so fun to watch. What an incredible artist! 🎨

June 12, 2019 at 6:46 am
  • Owais Abbas

do a video with Andrew Tischler he is my inspiration.

June 12, 2019 at 7:12 am