Toxic work habits & burn out. 🎨 OIL PAINTING TIMELAPSE

Toxic work habits & burn out. 🎨 OIL PAINTING TIMELAPSE

• Katie Whitt

I needed this today. Thank you! 💖

I think hustle culture and the social media dopamine go hand in hand. I’m mainly a consumer and everyday I give myself a certain amount of time on YouTube and that’s helped me so much mentally. I actually appreciate when creators take their time, in return when they do release content it is meaningful and you get less fluff. You do you! This piece is beautiful and you are one of the artist who’s work really inspires me. As a small artist, listening to videos like this make me feel less alone so THANK YOU ☺️ have a good day!

February 13, 2020 at 9:02 am
  • Benn Creates

I watch your videos for your gorgeous art and helpful discussions about art, but your message about gratitude really resonated with me as a mother. I have never had burnout catch up with me so fast as it has in motherhood. Being grateful and living in the moment has helped me tremendously the last couple months since my newborn arrived. I never thought about transferring this over to art, it's definitely something I want to start implementing. I've just started coming back to art and YouTube, pregnancy and babies kind of forced me to take a break, I'm so grateful to be able to incorporate art back into my daily life

February 13, 2020 at 9:24 am
  • Karen Bruder

Your art is so beautiful ❤

February 13, 2020 at 10:10 am
  • Selina Moonshine

hi happy, i know i said this a lot times before but i am so so thankful to know you. you inspired and cheered me up in so many ways its almost impossible. thank you for talkin with us about your thoughts and your art. i love you and your creations the most. today i am thankful and grateful to have you as my favourite artist!

February 13, 2020 at 10:30 am
  • mm.s drawings

After long time

February 13, 2020 at 11:13 am
  • I T

Once your hobby becomes work, you need a new hobby.

February 13, 2020 at 11:39 am
  • New Life

Hi. Thanks for sharing and being so truthfull and authentic. Your art is amazing. I would be happy to see your studies, sketchbook etc as well.

February 13, 2020 at 12:13 pm
  • Arth Rajput

Bcdcmcmodiki

February 13, 2020 at 12:17 pm
  • Gráinne McKenna

Great video, Happy. You made some excellent points, and I appreciate your openness about your struggles. I also really liked this painting. I felt very inspired watching the process and it made me think about ways I could tweak my own painting process. Great job 🙂

February 13, 2020 at 12:56 pm
  • Goretty ET

I feel so connect to everything that you say. All your videos comes when I most need it.❣️

February 13, 2020 at 1:01 pm
  • Kylie Popa

I always love these timelapse-talkover videos the most 💕💕💕

February 13, 2020 at 1:18 pm
  • SOOJIN IS MY WIFE

am I the only one that thinks her client kind of looks like Umji from GFRIEND 🤩

February 13, 2020 at 1:58 pm
  • Erica Roberts

Thanks so much for talking about burnout!! I'm a full-time artist too and have just recently pulled myself out of the burnout nose-dive. My ridiculous solution was trying a bunch of other really hard things which made oil painting very relaxing in comparison lol. (New hobbies including: woodworking and baking macarons!)

February 13, 2020 at 2:49 pm
  • Himan Artists

Wow, Amazing

February 13, 2020 at 2:53 pm
  • Aileen Wang

Your videos are always amazing

February 13, 2020 at 3:00 pm
  • Janabstra

I can hear the sadness in your voice and it breaks my heart. You are an amazing and talented person and I just want you to know that you are allowed to be sad, there’s is nothing wrong with that. This will all pass and everything will be under control again. Keep working on your positive thoughts and I know it’s hard but stop being so hard on yourself ❤️ you have accomplished so much and we all are very proud of you. I’ve been following you for so many years now! You were one of the persons that motivated me to be a youtuber and share my art with the world which have been a blessing since I started. I’m grateful for you. Thank you 🙏 sending you good vibes from Miami – Janabstra

February 13, 2020 at 3:41 pm
  • iz r

I know this is a commission but I’d love to see some more unique faces like this. I enjoy your usual work and I think you have the ability to capture faces so well, I’d like to see you change it up and paint different faces more often! And yes the burn out is real! Had a solo exhibition recently and wanted to make a few new oil pieces but burnt myself out trying to do portraits with high likeness. Feels so much better to just noodle around and create unique pieces rather than just capturing likeness.

February 13, 2020 at 4:30 pm
  • brokenredflag

Sociaty is only sad. Go at your oun paist.

February 13, 2020 at 4:52 pm
  • Lunair Art

What you said resonates soo closely with me. As creators we spent hours and hours on sharing something with the world and others spent barely any time at all looking at it. We are guilty of consuming other people’s art the same way. I’m going to stop after I watch a video and think about it and appreciate it now. Thanks always for sharing!

February 13, 2020 at 4:59 pm
  • ThatOnePerson

When you started uploading a video a week and making so much art, I was wondering if even someone as young and passionate as you, with a projection far beyond my art dreams, could ever hit burn out. Because when I did, I was just out of university and my career never took off because I just screwed everything up. It's been like 10 years and only now I'm starting to implement all the habits and self love stuff like gratitude and I'm seeing improvement. The fact that someone as driven and amazing as you can hit burn out and experience all the ugliness that comes with it, including the inability to appreciate everything you've worked for, gives me a ton of perspective. That no matter who you are, if one wants to make this art thing sustainable, one simply has to take care of oneself. Every day. Period. I will forever remember this, every time I feel guilty about extending a deadline, celebrating an insignificant win, or giving myself space to rest and unwind in my schedule. Thank you so much for sharing this. We can do this! I'm forever rooting for you. And this painting is GORGEOUS.

February 13, 2020 at 5:43 pm