Oil painting techniques by Trent Gudmundsen – ballerina, Part 1 of 2 (real-time)

RELATED PRODUCTS:

• Cathie Flahr

Absolutely; I find it very important to see you pick up each and every colour as you paint!!! I also like the idea that you show your resource material, however, as you slow your movements to make 'location' decisions, I would like to see the resource photo/subject as often as you contemplate. I love your demos/ painting videos and commentaries. Fantastic learning experience for me! Thank you so much for doing these.

December 11, 2017 at 10:29 pm
  • Randy M

Hi Trent I must tell you this is the second vid Ive watched of yours, I saw you on the tube list a long time ago but figured you were just an amateur with a camera. After seeing a pic of you painting a figure on the side bar, I thought I gotta see this, I believe it was a figurative of your daughter. Fantastic, a painter who is so down to earth willing to put the effort in to juggle a camera and narrate. Honestly, Trent your kinda a dimensional Bob Ross. You would be perfect on PBS and I think you should approach them. You’ve got that non confrontational friendly personality and little paint history tidbits that add to you skill in both painting and presentation. At any rate I will be watching more of you.
    Im also curious how some of the painters have large globs of paint on the edges of their palette.And always seem so pristine every time they go to paint.  How do you keep them from drying out and ruining the whole glob. My paints dry or skin, over night, and I hate the freezer idea I loose my color lines if scraped up and put in a container as well.
    Keep up the good work.

December 11, 2017 at 11:15 pm
  • ilyenz

I admire your spontaneity, speed and the excellent result! Bravo!

December 11, 2017 at 11:23 pm
  • Jh Willy

Wonderful. More please. Thank you.

December 11, 2017 at 11:39 pm
  • Sharon Blanchard

very shaky camera. why don't you keep it on a tripod.

December 12, 2017 at 12:34 am
  • Anne Marshall

I can’t imagine holding a video camera with one hand while painting with the other! Either requires my full attention, yet you handle them simultaneously with aplomb. And the result is me getting your eye’s view instead of over your shoulder. Harder for you but it eliminates so many problems the viewer gets with other solutions.

December 12, 2017 at 1:13 am
  • Button- Glutton

Finally someone who doesn't just draw their Silhouette.

December 12, 2017 at 1:49 am
  • Karen Bell

Do not change a thing about your videos. They are the best I've seen. I love to watch you mix your paint, explain so much!, express your thoughts about everything involved, and paint in real time. Holding the camera must be difficult, but you've mastered it. I cant wait to watch and learn more from you. Thank you for sharing your "struggles."

December 12, 2017 at 1:56 am
  • Ruth Artist

Love this Video Great artist

December 12, 2017 at 2:44 am
  • Rey Barreto

Trent, I enjoyed your video immensely and I disagree with the viewer who said you should put your camera on a tripod. The way you are filming it, with your hand holding the camera and the camera's view always in sync with what your eyes are looking at, has a sense of fluidity, immediacy, and spontaneity that would be lacking if your camera were perched on a tripod. So I hope you continue filming in your handheld style. I subscribed to your channel because in my opinion your brushwork is masterful and the way you explain what is going through your mind as you resolve your painting is more lucid and insightful than any other videos I have seen by other artists. I feel like you take me on a painting journey and you never lose me or leave me behind – your eloquent explanations make sure of that. Obviously your priority is on teaching the viewers not impressing them, and this comes across in your unassuming manner and in your generous sharing of knowledge. Your sense of humor is delightful and adds to the fun of watching you paint. You are an excellent teacher and I look forward to learning more from you.

December 12, 2017 at 2:51 am
  • Richard Barksdale

What's her phone number? ?

December 12, 2017 at 3:46 am
  • Richard Barksdale

My opinion is you need a camera man.. LoL

December 12, 2017 at 4:35 am
  • dreanki

This is a great video 🙂 the only suggestion i have is, get a go pro and wear it on your head so you have the same camera view but both your hands are free.

December 12, 2017 at 5:22 am
  • Sue Edom

I love to watch you paint.

December 12, 2017 at 6:12 am
  • Grid Glyer

Thank you for doing this in real time and taking the time to explain things. And yes, agree with you Rosemary brushes are great. I am looking forward to more videos 🙂

December 12, 2017 at 6:58 am
  • Brian Ross

Great demonstration Trent.would it be possible for me to use techniques for my painting in Acrylics?

December 12, 2017 at 7:23 am
  • Socialisten

The actual sound, and real time … nice :)!

December 12, 2017 at 8:17 am
  • Sherida Nett

Can't find the mongoose hair brushes on Rosemary website

December 12, 2017 at 9:13 am
  • Karin dogs

I love it when you tell us your thoughts and paint process. And also hearing about your family. Thank you. Maybe you could have them appear sometimes.

December 12, 2017 at 9:22 am
  • Alcol Pheiffer

Thank you Trent for your thoughts as you work, it's been so inspiring and helps with confidence building. You've just got to get into the deep end and do the work, lots of practice and patients with yourself. Do you varnish afterwards and if so, what do you use?

December 12, 2017 at 10:07 am