Let’s Talk About Cropping – Overpaint Drawing Tutorial

Let’s Talk About Cropping – Overpaint Drawing Tutorial

• Brybox

Hey Boro! Thanks for picking my piece for Over-Pain! Great advice and can't wait to put it into action. Composition is always something for me to pre-consider more before I start a piece, so good advice.

If you want to see some of my more recent digital paintings feel free to check our my Insta: @Brybox

October 27, 2018 at 9:51 am
  • Mira_Karrebeak

The only thing I didn’t really like was that you changed the colors to be a lot more cold, I think it kinda killed some of the artistic aspects in the picture

October 27, 2018 at 10:07 am
  • Atila Balint

woah the triple screen is really cool

October 27, 2018 at 10:17 am
  • RJ4Y

This is so helpful! Thankyou!

October 27, 2018 at 10:58 am
  • Atsuhiko

Amazing paintover, specially how you rendered the light is… spot on 😀

October 27, 2018 at 11:44 am
  • Farelle

he got quite a belly now 😛

October 27, 2018 at 12:10 pm
  • Ai CopyCat

Are you religious? (shirt)

October 27, 2018 at 12:59 pm
  • EYECRED

Saitama-san what if I got something that has tiddies, will you still overpaint it xD?

October 27, 2018 at 1:24 pm
  • otaku

pretty cute looking monster actually ovo

October 27, 2018 at 1:50 pm
  • Lisa Maier

Great job. I do miss the face having a bit of a bump for a nose, and it was not so flat. It had more Character.

October 27, 2018 at 2:31 pm
  • sketchnate

does anyone ever overpaint borodante's illustrations?

October 27, 2018 at 2:40 pm
  • brendan fastolfe

I think about your 'potato brush' ideas when I paint in school-senior undergrad

October 27, 2018 at 3:38 pm
  • Red Ash

Creature looks much more sympathetic and interesting right now, the whole composition and the story

October 27, 2018 at 4:04 pm
  • TheRunnico - MC / COC / ARK

Great video! Very informative, looking forward to more!

October 27, 2018 at 4:20 pm
  • Kitten Bombs

How you liking the new hue slider?

October 27, 2018 at 4:32 pm
  • Young Jeezy

I like the overpainting. As for the part near the end of the video when you mention the complex lighting situation of all the mushrooms, in situations like that with a bunch of complex shadow casting potential and things like that in my experience it's better to sort of consider the average light source, i.e. imagine if all the lights except for the very most important (nearby) ones formed a single light source (which effectively they do, if there are a bunch of light sources that are all really close to each other there is ultimately a sense in which they become a single larger source of light). not only is it easy and fast but it will also give you a very accurate-looking result if you can figure out what the 'average' of all the other insignificant light sources is. So in the case of the mushrooms with all the shadows, to me it doesn't seem so important to consider every single possible point of illumination or anything like that, I'd just look for a sense of something like this: "relative to this particular object most of the influential light sources are coming from this firection, and there is significantly less light coming from other directions, so I'll make an extremely soft and subtle shadow fanning out to the area with less illumination (since of course it's still being lit by other light sources just not as much so)." that's how I'd typically address weird lighting like that. To be fair it doesn't come up often.

October 27, 2018 at 5:17 pm
  • Chiby Versity

Hm, looks like my artwork now most likely to be inspired by borodante, i hope i can improve especially with finishing brush.

October 27, 2018 at 6:02 pm
  • camilo fuentes

That thumbnail tho

October 27, 2018 at 6:08 pm
  • Alvin REDDELTA

do you have a vid for struggling artist like me in coloring ??

October 27, 2018 at 6:43 pm
  • Michelle The Bell

Yay Another Over-Pain! I'm so happy lol. I watch every single over-pain that comes out! You're always so informative and helpful in your videos but you also don't make the artist feel bad if there is need for improvements in their art-works. Cant wait for the next video! 🙂

October 27, 2018 at 7:35 pm