How to paint BIRDS | The Majestic WEDGE TAILED EAGLE | Oil Painting Tutorial

How to paint BIRDS | The Majestic WEDGE TAILED EAGLE | Oil Painting Tutorial

• Andrew Tischler

Hey folks! I am thinking of bringing out a FULL TUTORIAL on this. This would be available for purchase on my website. Sales of my full tutorials goes to help me bring out more content like this for everyone. Who's interested? Leave a comment here.

October 14, 2019 at 10:09 pm
  • Chris Campbell

Incredible video and amazing artwork. I'd love to see you do a waterfowl piece. The Paradise Shelduck of NZ is a very beautiful bird and with your love of waterscapes I think you could do something very memorable.

October 14, 2019 at 10:40 pm
  • Timothy Evans

How do you differentiate between block in, modeling, and detail? I always feel like I want to keep going, but after a certain point, I'm doing more harm than good, and I should have already stopped to let the painting dry before continuing. How do you know when to stop?

October 14, 2019 at 10:41 pm
  • Steve Larsen

The primer you used. What is it and how is it applied. Water base or oil? Brush roller or spayed? How many coats? Thank you very much for this great video. A complete tutorial would be great.

October 14, 2019 at 11:24 pm
  • Language Of Elysium

stunning, I'm drawing with pencil at the moment, but I think I'm going to transfer to painting in the future, as pencil drawing seems to be taking too long.

October 15, 2019 at 12:00 am
  • Luis Rachello

Im completely new to oil painting. Is there a video that explains step by step how to start? From priming the canvas to what order of oils to use etc? what do you recommend to paint first as practice? Fruit?
    I love your videos and thank you for providing so much info 😊 #subscribed

October 15, 2019 at 12:26 am
  • Uncle60

I tried your eagle. I think the eye is too small on my version , but it was good practice.

October 15, 2019 at 12:27 am
  • Binh Lam

Master. 🙏🏻

October 15, 2019 at 1:16 am
  • вася мак

Wonderful! The most interesting thing is that you break the picture into cells for transfer to the canvas. And do not use the projector.

October 15, 2019 at 1:42 am
  • Murder Ballad

hey what camera did you use to film the eagle its pretty clean footage.. good work

October 15, 2019 at 2:03 am
  • a shkurkz

Yep…ferking ridiculously good.. pleasure to watch… thx

October 15, 2019 at 2:33 am
  • Jack Smith

Andrew, i love to watch every video you put on YouTube. I am still wondering what you do next with your large paintings. I paint smaller because of my wall space. i would love to paint larger but what will i do with it when it is finished? Thanks Ill keep watching for an answer.

October 15, 2019 at 2:33 am
  • Bea November

It`s a verry interresting process, you are showing…. i could look and listen all day long… !!!—Thank you , for this inspiration !!

October 15, 2019 at 3:23 am
  • Kid Jess

Fantastic video

October 15, 2019 at 4:14 am
  • Ruth Umerez

I like that you include the processes that you've gone through to get to get this result. A lot of times, I am anxious to finish a piece as soon as I can, but the reality is that it takes time. Im enjoying the process as much as the end result.

October 15, 2019 at 4:57 am
  • Shelia Reyes

Wow, Andrew I've been watching your Tutorials and just like how you express things, I uses to draw and paint, but have lost my way, you make me want to try again. so just wanted to say thanks . and I keep to myself and don't usely interact so much.

October 15, 2019 at 5:47 am
  • Recipricateable

Thanks bud.. Great videos and an inspiration. I just got my schminke Norma oil paints yesterday. Going from water colour to oils should be interesting 🙂 greets from Germany

October 15, 2019 at 6:03 am
  • carlo solares

I like your world its so very beautiful and majestic like, a world of a genius artist ,

October 15, 2019 at 6:11 am
  • Kingsley Saxon

Thanks for your generosity Andrew. You paint beautifully. There's always something to learn. Personally I'd like a little more opportunity to "finish" the smaller wing feathers off in my own mind. You've perhaps given their edges too much uniformity and definition as they distract from the bigger picture IMO. Kind of like painting every brick in a wall.

October 15, 2019 at 6:49 am
  • Roland Lemus

Beautiful painting! I have never used a retouch varnish, I have always used the oiling in process, I didn't know that was even available as an option, do they sell the varnish as "retouch"? or is it just varnish, like i.e. Gloss varnish? I use a lot of mediums, stand oil, Liquin, fine detail, light gel, etc. All have their uses, I have even started using Walnut Oil, which works well for glazing providing a water gloss effect for me. Thank you again for sharing!!

October 15, 2019 at 6:51 am