HOW TO MIX SKIN TONES WITH ONLY 3 COLORS 🎨 Oil Painting Tutorial

HOW TO MIX SKIN TONES WITH ONLY 3 COLORS 🎨 Oil Painting Tutorial

• drkmgic

She looks like keyana from lol.

January 18, 2020 at 8:52 pm
  • Adventure Seeking Artist

I never thought to add blues or red to the skin tones to create depth. It makes so much sense!

January 18, 2020 at 9:16 pm
  • 6luv

You should do a slower step by step on how to make the face more realistic

January 18, 2020 at 10:03 pm
  • Roman Hall

Happy, you make some very helpful points, but buried the lead about how to actually mix the tones following the secondaries, which seems central here.

Also, you cover a lot in this in a short period of time with a fair amount of flashing (rest assured I understand your time limit situation) so maybe you could do a set of bullet points in the description? Also, would love to see a darker skin tone tutorial from you.

Kudos for your hard work ✌️

January 18, 2020 at 10:34 pm
  • Ana Maria

I have a question. I see you have been painting for so many years, from your experience, is it toxic to work with oil colours? I'm a beginner artist and I have been working with oils for about 2 years now, I m really concerned because my throat gets a little irritated/sore when I paint for several hours in a row. Im scared of getting asthma or who knows what other dangers. Ive researched on google but there isnt much Information about this topic, would really apreciate your answer🙏

January 18, 2020 at 11:10 pm
  • Valerie Faye

My oil paint set only has earth tones so no blue. I'm so upset theres no blue.

January 19, 2020 at 12:02 am
  • ItsKiaralyn

I've just found this channel. I'm a first timer here and I can't stop watching all your videos. Now you are my fav artist. omg. <3

January 19, 2020 at 1:01 am
  • Lys Apolinário Reis

❤️

January 19, 2020 at 1:34 am
  • Jahanvi Chandra

Wow, I have just seen the video.it is dam Cool…. really

January 19, 2020 at 1:42 am
  • Che Hojas

this came out so gorgeous! thank you for teaching!

January 19, 2020 at 1:47 am
  • Я у мамы художник I.p.artblog

Very nice painting. I also prefer oil colors from gambling. Thanks for sharing. I recently started YouTube channel with oil paintings tutorials. Have a look if you like. 😉

January 19, 2020 at 2:13 am
  • Skylar Davenport

Omg you have the most soothing and sultry voice.
    🎨Edit: Red, Blue, and Yellow are actually NOT the primary colors!
    I know it’s what we’re always taught and it’s what’s been passed down for like, ever, but they aren’t the primary colors. Magenta, Cyan, and Yellow are the primary colors! The fastest way I can explain is this: Primary colors are the colors that can make all others, and can’t be made by mixing other colors. (For example you can get red by mixing magenta and yellow). There’s definitely nothing wrong with using RYB as your color palette, (you obviously make some gorgeous af skin tones with them!) but I think it’s so super important artists look out for each other and share knowledge

A really good example is printer ink. Printers use Magenta, cyan, and yellow to make up the enormous spectrum of whatever you’re printing. If they used red, blue and yellow, prints would come out dull and inaccurate. There’s some great vids on YouTube that will do a far better job explaining it than I can, but PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE look into it! I promise a whole new way of looking at color theory will open up. It’s wrong and I honestly don’t know why we’re still taught this. It does more harm to the artist than any good. 🌻💕👗

January 19, 2020 at 2:50 am
  • cherryl

Her color blocking already looks better than any finished product I have produced

January 19, 2020 at 3:26 am
  • haisasha

Do you only use the paint thinner for the first layer?

January 19, 2020 at 3:58 am
  • Claudia Castrillon

she's so cute

January 19, 2020 at 4:07 am
  • Leixa

Also, I was wondering If you could make a video about Patreon c: Your experience with it, ups and downs, things to consider before opening one… It is always helpful to gather information about several artist about subjects like this, and hearing your perspective would be great.

January 19, 2020 at 5:05 am
  • BrooklynBabyDoll718

Happy D! Missed u so muchhhhhhhhhhhhh!

January 19, 2020 at 5:06 am
  • Luna5094

Beautiful painting, but i wish you did't speed up s much color mixing-the most important thing of the video. But you are amazing as always.

January 19, 2020 at 5:51 am
  • Suer Melisa

😍😍 How Beautiful Your Art 🌈❤️

January 19, 2020 at 6:48 am
  • Esteban Martinez

Ugh, it's so satisfying to clean a brush in a fresh silicoil jar 😩

January 19, 2020 at 7:26 am