Painting an EPIC Mountain Scene! [ Landscape Painting Techniques in Oils ]

Painting an EPIC Mountain Scene! [ Landscape Painting Techniques in Oils ]

• Quad A

I'm just curious how much would a painting like this go for?

June 7, 2021 at 9:42 pm
  • Amit Patil

sir layer by layer techniques ya alla prima techniques

June 7, 2021 at 10:22 pm
  • AXBOWF

U r doing beautiful work. Keep it up. Love ur paintings..

June 7, 2021 at 10:38 pm
  • cinnamontoenails Stevenson

god level. this belongs in the louvre.

June 7, 2021 at 11:14 pm
  • Gabi A.

I'm speachless Andrew , you are blessed with such wonderful talent

June 7, 2021 at 11:39 pm
  • Edgecumbe Art

love to see those people that criticised you projecting it onto the HUGE canvas actually paint it 1/2 as good as you….

June 7, 2021 at 11:39 pm
  • Arwens Child

That was absolutely mindblowing. You have skill!

June 8, 2021 at 12:26 am
  • Ritchie C

ABSOLUTELY SPEECHLESS!!!!!

June 8, 2021 at 1:07 am
  • NATUREL ART

Your my best artist andrew,๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘

June 8, 2021 at 1:39 am
  • Henry Sene Yee

Master! I really enjoyed this.

June 8, 2021 at 2:12 am
  • Gossamer Degree

Outstanding ! thank you Andrew

June 8, 2021 at 3:06 am
  • Martin Van der Walt

Hi , which computer program do you use in your preparing process ?

June 8, 2021 at 3:38 am
  • Justin Dickens

May I add that by watching Thomas kincades videos here on YouTube, particularly the studio tour stuff he also uses many of those techniques. You're not where I am from but here where I live Kincade is KING!! I'll straight say it out loud that if he is making beautiful art and he's taking it to the bank then to hell and back with the damn trolls. They live in a different world where insecurities and jealousy dominate their every move predicted by the inability to hold their tongues. I think I'll go by a projector finally I've wanted one for EVER!

June 8, 2021 at 3:50 am
  • FalkKastell

In my personal opinion, you already had the best composition at exactly 18:05. everything else from then on just shifted the main point of interest away from what should have been the center of attention and that is the peak of the mountain. By darkening the forefront of the mountain later on, you blocked the viewer by a rather monotonous wall to really get into the picture… for my liking the center wall in the shadow is too prominent and proportionally smashes everything that is scenicly set up behind it. At 18:05 you had the best atmosphere, best colors and proportional conversation between all the shapes. Your technical abilities are without a doubt outstanding.

June 8, 2021 at 4:08 am
  • Stef Alibi

you're a genius ^^ I would like to paint my region (Corsica) like that ๐Ÿ™‚

June 8, 2021 at 4:43 am
  • juliana chandler

Stunning

June 8, 2021 at 5:03 am
  • Jonny Chaos

I'm primarily a digital artist because I'm colourblind and it annoys me how many people automatically assume you trace or use a filter just cos you're using digial. I never cut a single corner cos I think what are you learning by doing so. You're only cheating yourself. I use the exact same process with photoshop and a wacom cintiq as I would an oil painting or pencil sketch. The problem is a lot of 'artists' on apps like Instagram do trace or use some method of cutting corners and they never admit it or show themselves doing it. As an artist yourself it's easy to spot a cheat but to the untrained eye they buy it hook line and sinker and the person who is doing the cheap art will never confess or admit that it's not a full freehand piece. They make it harder for those of us who actually took time to learn how to draw/paint to get work, and they also give everyone the impression that there's always some cheating involved. I like having the confidence to be able to do any drawing when put on the spot with no means or way or cheating. It's a shame these cheating artists never get put on the spot themselves so they could he seen for the frauds they are.

June 8, 2021 at 5:58 am