GLAZING – Old Masters Secrets and Modern Techniques – Oil Painting Tutorial

GLAZING – Old Masters Secrets and Modern Techniques – Oil Painting Tutorial

• Florent Farges - arts

Thanks for watching everyone, don't forget to leave a like and subscribe for more tutorials and art every week. Joy and inspiration to you all my friends!

November 24, 2021 at 9:15 pm
  • NSM the chitrakaar

November 24, 2021 at 9:49 pm
  • Jerome Christ

Florent bonjour,
    Je m'étonne ne vous ne fassiez pas plus de vidéos en français… Pourtant, sauf erreur de ma part, vous le parler parfaitement…
    Je vous remercie de venir au secours qui gens que vous regardent et ne sont pas polyglotte
    Bien à vous

November 24, 2021 at 10:02 pm
  • TheLaidukas

Florent, I have not realized the size of painting seen in video "COMPOSITION – 3 RULES " until this moment 12:55 Impressive!

November 24, 2021 at 10:45 pm
  • Chillwell2011

This is one of very few good presentations on glazing techniques. I use glazing a lot and recommend trying it if you have never done so. It can give amazing depth and rich shadows that do not appear flat which is often the case if an opaque dark is applied. Thanks Florent for a great presentation!

November 24, 2021 at 10:55 pm
  • Danielle

Hi Florent, great video on glazing thank you !

November 24, 2021 at 11:24 pm
  • Dan V

Why is everything a “secret”? They are not secrets – they are well known techniques.

November 24, 2021 at 11:26 pm
  • Marsco

What I personally value about the glazing method is that it forces you to make sure the painting looks good in grayscale (getting the lighting effects right) before really getting into color.

Some purists don't like glazing method because the light effect and color are not integral to one another as applied to the canvas. But I look at their paintings, and they have not studied the tonal value and light quality, obsessing over color instead steals all their mental energy. For this reason alone I recommend trying glazing method!

November 24, 2021 at 11:49 pm
  • Art Life A Diary

Fantastic! I've found my art teacher. 👍💌

November 25, 2021 at 12:17 am
  • Adrian Avila

Thank you for this insightful video!!!
    I have a question…Given that I am located in a Kin of remote town in Colombia I don't have all those materials to create a glaze, the only mediums I have are Tupertine and Olive Oil.
    How can I create a fairly useful glaze with what I have??
    I've tried with the tupertine but that one removes the dry glaze underneath, and the olive one is very inconsistent and unreliable.
    Thank you again for this amazing video!!

November 25, 2021 at 12:38 am
  • Jaz W

Glazing in acrylic, Golden Gloss Glazing Medium is fantastic stuff! I like it a lot more than a matte medium, it really seems to make the colours sing. I've heard also of mixing Golden GAC 500 and GAC 100 and using this to wet your brush instead of water for acrylic paint – David Langevin

November 25, 2021 at 1:09 am
  • Frifararen AnnCatrin Pettersson

I really love your tutoring. I bought the full course and its great. I recomends it. 🖼👍💝🎨

November 25, 2021 at 1:53 am
  • Ross Dawson

November 25, 2021 at 2:18 am
  • Somia Essaid

Mr. Florent, merci bq. This was a delight to watch. I love the hybrid tech. as I use acrylics for the moment, but I've learnt a lot from this vid. Thank you so much

November 25, 2021 at 2:27 am
  • fiddlepeg

This is extremely helpful, and I’m so grateful to you for providing such in-depth expert advice. You’re an amazing artist and an equally great teacher. Thank you!!!

November 25, 2021 at 2:27 am
  • Cristina Lopez Casas

very good description of my own process. I agree 100% with the benefits of glazing. definitively the way to go if you want to save on oils. i just want to add that this is not ONLY good for the very realistic figurative work which is historically associated with. also, it helps to have periods of oil-free image making if you are allergic or sensitive to the spirits. saludos!

November 25, 2021 at 2:49 am
  • Linus Meidinger

I often make a grisaille on top of a glaze, so i can have more layers

November 25, 2021 at 3:44 am
  • Toc Toc Trax

Thank you! This is very interesting information.

November 25, 2021 at 4:09 am
  • left hand story

Awesome friend,great sharing beautiful😃❤️ ..

November 25, 2021 at 4:50 am
  • Shankar Kashyap

Thank you for explaining the different techniques of glazing. Very easily understandable.

November 25, 2021 at 5:12 am