5 Things I Wish I Knew as a BEGINNER ARTIST

5 Things I Wish I Knew as a BEGINNER ARTIST

• Alpay Efe

For all fellow creative souls out there… xoxo

August 6, 2022 at 9:49 pm
  • Sherwin Escuro

Your words are perfect it's like watching a person paint(I think if I'm the one painting it would take a day to do yours) and compress it in less than 12 mins and it's really easy to follow your style. Unlike others who do it fast forward that it looks like an ad intead of a tutorial. And your life advices are biography worthy. Number 4 really hits me hard and your other tips too. When I was younger I just draw doodles and a lot of sketches. Then next thing I knew I could draw better and better. There were times where I feel like copying an image and times that I feel a certain inspiration and just wanted to grab a piece of paper and portray it. People will love to watch you(it's annoying for me coz I feel I could work better alone) and some will criticize you(not to help you improve but just to turn you down). There was a time that it affected me, I felt down, I felt bad then suddenly I lost my momentum and joy when I was younger. My uncle also an artist told me over a few drinks: If you wanted to draw a green elephant, do it. If anyone tolds you it doesn't look good or they can do better. Tell them then you're free to do your own if you are capable, but I will do it my way because I'm the artist. It's like the I don't care attitude that you sometimes say. After that talk I felt better.

Also about number 4, when I draw/paint/color after working I feel like my eyes get used to the color and I don't feel see any improvement. My perfectionist side kicks in and I feel like I need to change something(that usually ends to ruin it). I learn to leave it for a while and maybe continue it someday and the next day I look at it(my eyes feel refreshed) I think it kinda looks better I just need to add a contrasting color or a little detail.

Thanks for reading my long story!
    I hope this will be helpful to other artists also, especially those who are tormented by critics.

Be strong, persevere, keep safe and God bless us all! 💪💪💪👍❤❤❤

August 6, 2022 at 9:50 pm
  • ashley jones

Your insight is perhaps greater than what this woman will ever do for me

August 6, 2022 at 10:42 pm

• jessie R

August 7, 2022 at 12:31 am
  • Ryan Mckay

Thank You.

August 7, 2022 at 1:20 am
  • Donovans reviews

It's hard for me to start because I am afraid of failure. Anyone else

August 7, 2022 at 1:35 am
  • satoru

can someone who love arts but didnt good in it be a painter ? i loves art sm but im not good in drawing ..

August 7, 2022 at 2:04 am
  • Artistan

Oil painting time-lapse

painting no 2 (fresh one)

Painting no 1

August 7, 2022 at 2:19 am
  • Celia

J’étais découragé car j’ai raté ma première painture mais c’était peut être essentiel pour apprendre de mes erreurs et me perfectionner après je fesais de l’aquarelle donc ce n’ai pas la même chose j’espère m’améliorer car je déteste l’echec

August 7, 2022 at 2:38 am
  • Teresa Edgerton

Thank you for the tips!

August 7, 2022 at 2:38 am
  • Himani Mandal

This video was helpful for sure. I was also waiting for a right time to start a instragram account for my art. But I didn't get the right time. Then I realise the time When you do something it becomes the right time to do so . And it's been one month I opened a instragram account and I post reels of my arts regularly. It's really not easy to become artist and be creative everytime but the best part is you are doing what you like and that's what will motivate me everytime. I was always been hesitant about starting my career as a artist . I can't major in finearts as well because I'm good at academic studies so my parents doesn't allow me to take this major . They think it has no scope. But ofcourse I will prove them wrong being artist is amazing . You can literally make your imagination world with a brush.

August 7, 2022 at 2:40 am
  • Dark sun

I used to draw as a kid but then stopped because arts was not my subject and my father used to say it's a waste of time. I was 14 when i stopped but now i had the urge to draw again and believe me when I say i missed getting my hands dirty. It's the only thing that i had fun doing, so now I'm 20 years old trying to get back on track.
    Wish me luck
    And thank you for the tips

August 7, 2022 at 3:24 am
  • Eleutheria Kabbadia

In a free plain area of coulor ,you "use"white and pal bleu as the base.That cteates a sence of stability covering the shadows above the eyes and strehing out the passionate red of the feminine lips in parallel…..Thank you!!

August 7, 2022 at 4:13 am
  • Juliet Paul

Thank you so much I really needed these words ….. there is no perfect timing lol

August 7, 2022 at 4:30 am
  • bythesea 760

🖤

August 7, 2022 at 5:21 am
  • Leonel Rodas

Yes I did enjoy your video and narrative. Thank you very much for sharing.

August 7, 2022 at 5:45 am