This Oil Painting Exercise Will Make You Better

This Oil Painting Exercise Will Make You Better

• Line Garneau

I love this video thank you

August 10, 2022 at 9:23 am
  • John Howitt

Great exercise! Just what I needed!

August 10, 2022 at 9:55 am
  • Yes Honestly

Wowooo!!! Simplified and explained so well!!! Thank you I will definitely paint this. πŸ‘πŸ»

August 10, 2022 at 10:41 am
  • Darren Parse

This is wet on wet…..right?

August 10, 2022 at 11:31 am
  • Jose Sosa

Hi Painting Coach just started watching your channel, great work I really like your content I'm a mixed media but mostly watercolor artist, the links above to your brush set are for acrylic is that correct?

August 10, 2022 at 12:06 pm
  • RaeRae

I feel a nudge smarter after every Paint Coach vid 😚

August 10, 2022 at 12:21 pm
  • Vilma DeMille

What varnish do you use if you don't want to wait 6 months

August 10, 2022 at 1:05 pm
  • μœ μ†Œμ€

Thank you for your videos.. I have had oil paints for years now but have been overcomplicating things.

August 10, 2022 at 1:37 pm
  • Richard Gabriel Moritz

Very nice!

August 10, 2022 at 2:12 pm
  • jaydan

it's interesting seeing what you do and don't emphasize/exaggerate. when i watched you paint, i was thinking to myself "wait a minute… that color looks nothing like the one in the photo!" but then when i look at your finished product, i see that i enjoy the more exaggerated planes, forms, and colors in your painting than the ones in the photo. "that's the point!" i know haha. maybe you could make a video (if you haven't already, idk) about emphasis and discerning which shapes, colors, etc. to emphasize and which ones to leave alone. i need to abandon my fidelity to photographs!! thanks for all the help.

August 10, 2022 at 2:31 pm
  • Lisa Augustin

Talent makes you better !!!!

August 10, 2022 at 3:28 pm
  • Diane Gramigna

I can’t get enough of your videos. You are a fantastic teacher. You explain things with your demonstrations so I really get it!

August 10, 2022 at 3:28 pm
  • Todd Swart Artist

Good video loaded with solid fundamentals. It's been too long since I've done a small painting like this. Always a good exercise

August 10, 2022 at 4:21 pm
  • Smarter Thanawaffle

This is so good. So good.

August 10, 2022 at 5:12 pm
  • Rezvan Keshavarz

your videos are soooo useful. thank u

August 10, 2022 at 5:50 pm
  • rjvnz

I’ve been watching all kinds of painting videos from over a year now and still had no confidence with how to go about a painting until I came by this video. I learnt so many new concepts in just 11 minutes! It’s tied together all the concepts I had heard about in other videos but had never quite explained the β€œ why” behind doing things that way. Brilliant video, thank you so much!! πŸ™

August 10, 2022 at 6:06 pm
  • Rina

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR YOUR VIDEOS!!!!

August 10, 2022 at 6:22 pm
  • Judy Poznecki

So much info and you get right to the point. I learned alot from your videos, thank you for sharing your knowledge. Awesome!

August 10, 2022 at 6:23 pm
  • Frank J Kelly

Can't imagine how many lengthy painting videos I've watched, but THIS one packs in more immediately useful information than all the others combined! It's very fast paced, so watch it 5 times and you'll pick up great new stuff each time. Thank you, Chris!

August 10, 2022 at 6:36 pm
  • Darcy Manwaring

My biggest problem has always been how can I fit all that scenery on a small canvas. Ten years ago I did a 8"Γ—10" oil but have been to scared to do another, I feel I just got really lucky. Whoever comes to my home and view my bigger paintings, I always hear that the small one is my best one. But thanks to you I am going to start doing alot more, great video, love all of them.

August 10, 2022 at 7:20 pm