Oil Painting CRASH COURSE – Top 10 Beginner Problems and their Solutions – Tutorial and Demo

• neon

"Just paint, think later" is probably the most important thing to remember as an artist.

August 27, 2022 at 9:22 am
  • Elissa K

So encouraging and straightforward. Thanks for what you are doing! I think you would make an excellent priest. I don't know if you have children, but if so they are lucky to have a father like you. Your English is impressive as well.

August 27, 2022 at 9:43 am
  • Rudy Agresta

You're the best and I'm learning a lot from your hard earned experience. Thank you and God bless.

August 27, 2022 at 9:50 am
  • Alexandra Sarantidi

Thank you so much for your generous contribution to Art and to all of us eager learners 🙏❤ Have subscribed and following now.
    I've mostly been an Acrylics, pastel and charcoal artist but envied oil paintings…. Experimenting more and more so glad I came across your channel.

August 27, 2022 at 10:26 am
  • pepa 1

Hi Florent, in a previous video you said mot to paint WET on Wet as yet till I become more knowledgeable. On the sphere, did you used solvent to dry the oil or you did w/w?
    Many thanks.

August 27, 2022 at 10:37 am
  • Claire Marrel

Honestly, just thank you for all the work time and efforts you put in all your videos/courses/tutorials. It is so helpfull, i went to 2 differents art schools and I truly prefer your teaching approach.

August 27, 2022 at 10:56 am
  • Royale Crafts

you don't need to paint day and night to improve, you need a system and a little practice

August 27, 2022 at 11:03 am
  • DodgeGlowSticks

"Let me just say, I believe in you! Well, not you personally because I don't know you, but the human ability to learn" that killed me!

August 27, 2022 at 11:44 am
  • MrPicklerwoof

Regarding the odour issue, I think the biggest problem is that for many people it just isn't practical in their home to have a well ventilated room for regular oil painting. It often ends up stinking the house out no matter how much you try to shut it away – plus if it's a small room in a house, it probably only has one window, so no through-draft (you can't have an internal door open). Many people are left with doing it in the garage or shed, but in many countries it's too cold for half the year to really do that.

So in the end, from an amateur point of view, many end up just going down the path of water colours/gouache/acrylic for personal hobby painting. Ideal world, we'd all have a nice little studio attached to the house, heated but also well-ventilated with a proper cross-breeze.

August 27, 2022 at 11:55 am
  • L

It's hard for me to ingest information if it gets to be delivered by a hot french DADDY. My gay ass is quacking. 😢

August 27, 2022 at 12:29 pm
  • sebastian penny

Can you use turpentine for the solvent

August 27, 2022 at 1:01 pm
  • Kristi Leigh

Came to this channel to try & learn to paint with oils, but this ASMR voice keeps soothing me to sleep!

August 27, 2022 at 1:42 pm
  • Malvina Barra

Thank you sooo much. I was kinda lost before watching the video and now I'm feeling more equipped for oil painting !

August 27, 2022 at 2:12 pm
  • Juan Carlos Sedano

You are amazing. Thank you for everything you share!

August 27, 2022 at 2:21 pm
  • WenchFister

Tell Bob Ross' cancer that solvents are safe… Lol

August 27, 2022 at 2:34 pm
  • Ronelle Maust

I often have a hard time remembering that the painting usually is ugly before the beauty is created. I struggle with that and have to talk myself through that it's going to get better…give it time

August 27, 2022 at 3:21 pm
  • Maggie Borjanovic

I like your work and would like to learn from you. My understanding is that you concentrate on portraits. Do I have to learn how to paint them? I only like to paint landscape.

August 27, 2022 at 3:34 pm
  • Becky Nichols

Your advice is so helpful. I’m 66, just starting, so I only have about 30 years to find my niche. I thank you for letting us beginners learn from your mistakes and wisdom. Thank you for your generosity.

August 27, 2022 at 4:20 pm
  • Nunu Allen

I love this, he is the best teacher so far, so calm, and simple. he doesn't make painting complicated .

August 27, 2022 at 5:11 pm
  • L Teck

thanks this is verry useful and motivating
    btw what are the two colours in 14:09 ?

August 27, 2022 at 5:17 pm