QUICK ???? TIP || Oil Vs Acrylic ???? The Ultimate Showdown

QUICK ???? TIP || Oil Vs Acrylic ???? The Ultimate Showdown

• @Trevor_67

6 months??? ????

January 30, 2024 at 9:06 pm
  • @Trevor_67

i started lean acrylic painting, i don't use oil paint, i want to try it soon????

January 30, 2024 at 9:38 pm
  • @reverieanimates887

Didn’t know oil paint takes long to dry. I’m studying digital painting and want to get a hands on traditional painting so I could make a portrait gift for my sister’s wedding.

January 30, 2024 at 9:47 pm
  • @Waterisyummy_

Im really impatient for paintings to dry so I use acrylic paint but I water them down with black and then I water down the colors more, I think they look quite cool when I water them down, it’s like a stylized way for ppl who is broke for watercolor but not broke for applebarrel paint

January 30, 2024 at 10:42 pm
  • @NathanBeck-fz5mz

Hi I'm interested in this beautiful art ???? piece and will like to add it to my collection if you're interested send me a friend request let's make a deal

January 30, 2024 at 10:49 pm
  • @CubismartBalilover

January 30, 2024 at 11:01 pm
  • @LotsOfRobotsINC

I love oil paint. Everything about it, the smell, the texture and all the different attributes of each pigment.

January 30, 2024 at 11:36 pm
  • @vanifarron

My oil paints dry within 4 days ????????‍♀️ i use winsor and newton. Maybe it has to do with the dry climate i live in

January 31, 2024 at 12:22 am
  • @jilliancrawford7577

This video and detail that acrylics can dry darker is what made me decide to give oil painting a proper try and I'm so glad I did!
    I'm used to watercolor and having to plan around it drying lighter, which can feel hard to predict if the humidity is low, the a/c or heater is on, etc. versus the binder just evaporating and curing. There's a lot to learn when working with mediums that can get lighter or darker when it dries, but alleviating that concern in at least one medium allows me to focus on learning other things that could also apply to other mediums.

January 31, 2024 at 12:33 am
  • @Aetherius88

oils do not take 6 months to completely dry. Typically 4 to 6 weeks. It's possible for oils to take 6 months to dry under specific conditions, such as with particularly slow drying pigments combined with thick impasto techniques.

January 31, 2024 at 12:50 am
  • @cyankitty6365

Please tell me 6 months is an exaggeration. If it is I'll give my buddy the oils I bought and stick with my acrylics that dry in a few hours.

January 31, 2024 at 1:06 am
  • @weswilliam828

Ok.. Acrylic paint will dry in about 15 seconds. If you buy the expensive Free Flow Acrylics than you may have a couple minutes to blend your colors. I use basic acrylics and they are absolutely terrible, they dry incredibly fast.

January 31, 2024 at 1:45 am
  • @ketchups2777

Also (oils) use rags!!! And get a fireproof bin for olds

January 31, 2024 at 2:28 am
  • @davidupton3186

Acrylics do not take days to dry. 10 minutes to 1 hour in my experience. And I've been using them for years.

January 31, 2024 at 2:39 am
  • @tinkerquinn8580

I find cleaning up after oils is always easier than acrylics for me

January 31, 2024 at 3:20 am
  • @vdxx

Its harder to paint with Acrylics.

January 31, 2024 at 4:17 am
  • @happiestpotato

OMG IM THE 8000TH LIKE EXACTLY!!! THIS HAS NEVER HAPPENED TO ME B4

January 31, 2024 at 5:13 am
  • @milamila1123

The color change when dry is what annoys me so much with acrylics. Oh, and also the fumes are somewhat… toxic. They tend to be cheaper, though.

January 31, 2024 at 6:09 am
  • @_chetirko

I wanna transition to oil from acrylic, and ive heard people use liseened or wallnut oil instead of medium, so question is, are these viable replacements for medium, at least for practicing?

January 31, 2024 at 6:50 am